If you shared that with your Obama voting friends you probably got the same reaction as I did.
"Whatever, I could find you just as many dumb McCain voters."
"So what, if they had polled McCain voters it would be the same result."
":insert your favorite deflective and defensive quote here:"
Welllll....it turns out they DID decide to poll McCain voters using the same questions and same sample size. Some highlights:
- 35 % of McCain voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.
- 18% of Obama voters got 10 or more of 13 questions correct.
- McCain voters knew which party controls congress by a 63-27 margin.
- Obama voters got the “congressional control” question wrong by 43-41
- Those that got "congressional control" correct voted 56-43 for McCain.
- Those that got "congressional control" wrong voted 65-35 for Obama.
So at the end of the day we may be losers...but at least we're not idiots.