Thus, Jello Grinch.
This silly political ploy even inspired a little mini-meme on Twitter yesterday, with contributions from myself, Jesse at Athens Runaway and @jacoblarger.
Ladies & Gents, I give you some faves from Twitter's #jellotedxmaslyrics:
- No more jobs are coming to town.
- I saw Mommy kissing her job goodbye.
- Let's argue over the budget, for auld lang's syne.
- We'll not do what's necessary, cause I don't care if even a miracle needs a hand!
- The only thing I want for Christmas is you to lose your job.
- I wouldn't touch this budget with a 39 and a half Foot pole.
- Grandma got run over by an uncompromising House Dem Caucus.