Turnout is heavy in red counties and underperforming in blue counties.
Rich Lowry from NRO has the rundown:
- Absentee and early vote activity is over 17 percent higher in counties McCain won than counties Obama won, compared to 2008.
- Turnout is higher in counties and media markets McCain carried in ’08 than in counties and markets Obama carried.
- There are 34 counties in Ohio that John McCain won where absentee and early vote turnout is over 120 percent of 2008. There are only 9 counties where Obama won four years ago where this is the case.
- @HotlineJosh: Overall, early vote turnout OH up 2.44% in state. Down -4.1% in Obama/Kerry counties; up 14.39% in Bush/McCain counties.
· Plain Dealer: Geauga election chief predicts 80 percent voter turnout today
· Geauga County early vote was 125% more than 2008 early vote
· McCain won Geauga County with 57% and Bush got 60% in ‘04
Dem county turnout down
· Athens County early vote was 10% less than 2008 early vote
· Obama won Athens County with 67%