My previous post listed 21 Ohio school districts whose October 2010 forecasts warned of 2015 deficits amounting to $1,200 – $1,500 per resident. As I noted, those districts aren’t the worst examples:
- Beavercreek City School District: $1,827
- South Range Local School District: $1,742
- Mason City School District: $1,689
- Adams County/Ohio Valley Local School District: $1,678
- Wilmington City School District: $1,652
- Strongsville City School District: $1,593
- Little Miami Local School District: $1,576
- Warrensville Heights City School District: $1,529
If the union smear campaign wins and Issue 2 is defeated, what options will elected leaders have for dealing with these deficits? Massive tax hikes, widespread layoffs, severe program cuts… or all of the above. Government union reform will restore a little power from unabashed class-warriors to the local officials we elect. Vote Yes on Issue 2!
For more Issue 2 coverage, follow me on Twitter: @jasonahart
Cross-posted from that hero.