We see companies expanding and creating jobs, even in the middle of a perfect storm.
- Ohio’s unemployment rate of 10.1% is the highest it’s been in 25 years (Jan 1984)
- The number of unemployed workers has increased by 190,000 in the past 12 months.
- Ohio lost 5,900 jobs in the month of September
- Ohio lost 155,000 jobs in 2008
- Ohio has lost 174,600 jobs so far in 2009
- Ohio has lost 258,100 jobs over the last 12 months.
- Ohio has lost 329,600 jobs since Ted Strickland became Governor.
- Ohio has lost 388,900 jobs since the last national recession ended in November of 2001. Twenty-two states lost jobs during this period, and only Michigan fared worse than Ohio.
- A 74% increase in unemployment.
- 236,000 Ohioans lose their jobs.
- A dramatic decrease in the labor force, not seen since the early 80s.