Well, perhaps they should fire their pollster.
Besides having an overall result(Ted +4) that goes against everything we're seeing in polling, there is one number that jumps out as being so overwhelmingly wrong that it discounts every aspect of the poll.
...a bare 51 percent majority of Republican voters are favorable toward Kasich..."Really? Just 51% of GOPers are favorable of Kasich? REALLY?
This number is so incredibly off that I'm shocked they included it in their memo for fear of being laughed at by reporters.
Let's take a look at the three most recent polls taken in the past week gauging Kasich's favorability among GOPers:
With three independent polls showing exactly the opposite of what Strickland's team is claiming, how in the heck can the Strickland campaign expect to be taken seriously?
- Rasmussen has it at 92-7%.
- Fox News has it at 78-8%.
- And Quinnipiac, the Dems favorite pollster until they came out with their likely voter polls, has it at 85-4%.
Perhaps the Strickland team failed to mention in their memo how they phrased the questions.
- "John Kasich just gave you the middle finger....do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of him?"
- "John Kasich just dropkicked your mother....do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of him?"
- "John Kasich hates the movie 'Braveheart'....do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of him?"
- "John Kasich is the guy responsible for Terrelle Pryor injuring his quadriceps versus Illinois....do you have a favorable or unfavorable opinion of him?"